Saturday, December 8, 2007

Our Engagement





Billy and I got engaged on March 7th, 2007 on backcountry yurt trip in Idaho. Instead of exchanging gifts last Christmas, Billy and I planned this trip together. He did most of the planning and a little bit extra! Our first night we camped at the trailhead and woke up early the next day to skin in 4 miles to the yurt. It was a perfect beautiful day and we were carrying a lot of food and wine for a long fun weekend. After arriving to the yurt and getting set up, we went out for a ski. The snow was unexpectedly perfect for March. Billy and I skinned up to the saddle above our yurt and I headed towards the peak along the ridge. Billy didn't want to continue on to the peak, which is unlike him, and when I realized he was acting sort of funny. He started telling me how much he loved me, went down on a knee and asked me to marry him. I was overwhelmed with excitement, said yes, and tackled him in the snow (he still had his skiis on). Moments after our engagement it started snowing, really it did, and it was magical. We skiied down to the yurt, stocked the fire and made dinner. We had a long weekend and an amazing ski trip. It was perfect.






We shared a romantic bottle of wine that we carried all the way, but we forgot cups. (I should say, I forgot the cups.)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Billy and Michelle! Doise gave me your website and your life looks amazing! Miss Julcher would be so proud Willy Jr.!!!! Congrats again and I hope you guys will be at the Bahamas reunion next year! xoxo, Katie Cronin