Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Wedding Party

Here are the people that have made us the who we are today and will stand by us on our wedding and for the rest of our lives together.





Dave Uberuaga, Father of the bride
Eatonville, WA
He's the best dad in the whole world. I still look forward to going home and playing with my dad, and he is always down for anything. He has supported me in everything I have done and I am eternally grateful for his love, friendship and support. He has taught me how to live a life full of love and happiness.



Barbara Uberuaga, Mother of the bride
Eatonville, WA
Mom designed and made all of the invitations by hand. She is amazing, in so many ways. She has the best calming presence so that I always want to be hanging out with her. She will probably always beat me at crossword puzzles, and I am ok with that. It's been so fun planning a wedding together, I have an excuse to call my mom everyday. (and really it is her and dad that have done all the planning)



Andy Raia, Groomsman and cousin
Chicago, IL
No, this is not MIke Ditka and his twin brother Ike Ditka. It's Billy and Andy as Ditka... who's mustache is real? Andy and I have been extremely close for our whole lives. He's is one of the most fun people I know



Amy Uberuaga, Maid of Honor
Boulder, CO
Amy and I are bestfriends, sisters and soulmates. She brings out the best in me and always teaches me new things about life. Amy is a very passionate woman and she works hard everyday to bring about positive social change in this country. I can't wait until we are living in the same place again!






DAD, Best Man
Glenview, IL
What can I say... My Dad is the man... as illustrated in this photo



Kate Nordmark, Matron of Honor
Sundom, Sweden
Katie is also a soulmate and bestfriend. She and I have grown from silly high school girls into the stong women we are today together. We've traveled through Europe and had plenty of adventures, but our best memories are just talking and sipping tea together. Katie taught me "The Presence is the best Present."




Ryan Schirmang, Co- Best man
Detroit, MI
Ryan is my soul brother. We have similar insights into life. He is a true friend. We've had lots of fun together over the years... and there's lots more to come. As you can see... Ryan loves baseball and the Cubs.



Josh Holleb
Boulder, Co.
Josh is a great friend from college and runs two sustainable companies, Totem Industries and Holleb and co. We're trying to recruit Josh to live up in Montana with us.



Jen McBride, Bridesmaid
Whitefish, Montana
Jen and I were sisters in our past life. We met in Utah and have relied upon eachother in soo many ways since. We have shared cars, pets, houses, jobs, etc. seriously. Jen wins the "best of" one-piece party every year. Jen is at home in the woods in Montana or a hip-hop queen from Oakland, Cali. We can always rely on eachother to equally freak out about the state of the world and to calm eachother down and be a voice of reason in the midst of it all. She always amazes me.

 

Posted by Picasa


Amy Zanoni, Sister
Montreal, Canada
Amy wins the prize for most visits to Montana and Utah. Also wins the prize for hiking way too long distances in keds, best air guitar and best DJ. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will be roomies in Missoula next year, and since she is also brilliant, she can help me with my homework. Or we can just sit and talk politics for hours. Amy is wonderful, and she is so much like Billy, but also not.



JD Goering
Chicago, IL

JD is one of my oldest buds. I'd say we're more like brothers than anything. We've spent a ton of time together and I look forward to getting having him out to WA. I wish he'd move to MT so we could float the Yellowstone every day.


Julie Zanoni, Sister
Chicago, Illinois
Julie is like my older, younger sister. If that makes sense. I can call her anytime and she is always there for support or advice. She is always the one organizing our family vacations, making dinner reservations, etc. We would love to recruit her out to Montana forever, but she loves Chicago too much. But that's not going to stop us from trying! (ps Julie has the best hand me downs!)


Joey Rodriguez, Bridesmaid
Eatonville, Washington
Joey and I have been bestfriends since we were four. Joey's family moved into Tahoma woods, National Park Service housing, one wonderful day. We were inseparable little buddies, building forts, swimming in the creek, climbing trees, and having bake sales. The Rodriguez family is my other family. Now that we are grown up we still get together and laugh like we are 6 year olds with no care in the world. Joey is the only friend whoever made me laugh so hard I peed my pants. (and I might have been in the 6th grade) She was there for my first boyfriend, all my stitches, my first kiss, she taught me how to ride a bike, and on and on. Some day we are going to go back to Tahoma woods and search for our time capsule. We either buried it at one of our forts (but we had quite a few forts) or in her backyard under the maple tree. Either way it could mean a whole lot of digging, but totally worth it.



Sarah Louisignau, bridesmaid
Seattle, Washington
Sarah is the most recent addition to my women I can't live without list. Sarah and I met in Utah. Jen, Sarah, Amy and I all worked for the same organization campaigning for progressive issues, so we have all supported eachother in many ways. Sarah taught me to telemark, crouchet (although I can't do it without her), do yoga and many other important life skills. I look up to Sarah for her strength and wisdom.



John Jacquat, Male Model
Denver, Colorado
John is a wise friend from college. We always have a great time together. He likes whiskey.


Mark Uberuaga, Brother
Tuscon, Arizona
He'll carry your pack for you. Best brother ever.



Christian Rodriguez, Ring bearer
Eatonville, Washington
Christian is my best friend Joey's little boy. As long as I mention nothing about any other girls being involved in the wedding other than his mom, he's cool with being a ring bearer. Maybe he will wear his batman cape and suit, or maybe a little tux. We haven't quite decided. This picture is from Christian's 5th birthday party, this March.

Lily McNaughtan, Flower girl
Chicago, Illinois


Saga Nordmark, honorary flower girl
Sundom, Sweden
Saga is Katie and Axel's daughter. She is not quite big enough to have an official role in the wedding, she'll be 18 months in August. But she sure is cute enough!

No comments: